139 views, 2 views today
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
As Rainforest Alliance we believe in the value of data. We want our organization and our stakeholders to be able to make data-informed decisions. Therefore, it is key that they can access the information they need in an easy, timely and digestible way.
To enable this, we’ve built a Data Analytics Platform (DAP) where we ingest data from multiple sources, integrate and serve it as information to the end users. You will maintain, extend and scale the platform, while keeping it recoverable, secure, available and performant. Automation will be an important part of the job as well as uncovering ways to improve the platform. You will work close together with the data engineers in the data excellence team as well as the platform operations team. Another aspect is to adapt it as needed for new products (open data, ingestion of external sources, unstructured data, etc.).
We are looking for someone on the crossroads of platform ops and data engineering. If you have most of the skills but not all of them, you are also invited to apply.
The candidate should possess the technical skills to
- Maintain the technical infrastructure of a cloud-based data platform and ensure its security;
- Understand the specifics of a data platform and the way of working in a data team;
- Build and/or assist in automated solutions for data pipelines and other supporting tools to increase speed of delivery;
- Assist with the design of data warehouse components and quality monitoring solutions;
- Maintain tools that make up the data analytics environment.
- Implement, maintain and actively monitor the servers, virtual machines, applications and software of the Azure data platform;
- Develop, maintain and improve the data connections between data sources and the data analytics platform, using Terraform and Azure tools;
- Maintain the high level of security and confidentiality of the data platform;
- Develop, maintain and improve automation of data pipelines and other supporting processes for the data platform;
- Performance tuning of the environment;
- Follow processes and maintain version control over the code assets within the data analytics platform;
- Be an active participant in the sprint planning and goal definition activities within the Data Excellence team.
- Working experience with Azure Cloud, especially Dedicated SQL pools (SQL DW);
- Working experience with technical infrastructure of business intelligence platforms;
- Working experience as (SQL Server) DBA for a Data Warehouse environment;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing databases, database servers and their infrastructure;
- Experienced with version control, (platform) automation and CI/CD pipelines;
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills, diagnostic skills and ability to prioritize own work;
- English fluency;
A plus if you have
- Familiarity with topics relevant to the work of Rainforest Alliance and certification is a strong plus;
- Experience with Data (Vault) modelling;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform).
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: [email protected]