253 views, 2 views today
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Nairobi, Kenya and Lilongwe, Malawi
We are looking for two (2) Graphic Design and Communications Interns (one in Kenya, and one in Malawi) to support our communications team in the implementation of the Institute’s policy engagement and communications strategy with a focus to raise AFIDEP’s profile and enhance the role of research evidence in development processes in Africa.
- Publications design: Layout and Design of in-house communication products and institutional publications
- Writing and editing: Participate in the writing, editing, and production process of publishing institutional publications and communications products such as the E-news, blogs, news articles
- Media engagement and monitoring: Participate in media engagement activities that promote coverage and assist to keep track of media coverage of AFIDEP’s work
- Website management
- Events/meetings: Provide communications support to AFIDEP events including contributing to preparation of communications materials
- Database management: mailing lists, key contacts and partners; categorising for each programme
- Photography and Videos: Taking and editing photos/videos; Organising and storing pictures and images for easy retrieval
- Social media: Drafting of content and management of AFIDEP’s social media accounts
- Support other communications tasks as requested by the communications and policy engagement manager or other senior AFIDEP staff.
Skills and Knowledge
- At least a degree in in Communications, Media, Graphics Design or International Relations
- At least 2 years experience in communications, or experience in the media.
- Good communicator, passionate about writing and editing especially of research and policy-oriented publications, as well as media products
- Excellent presentation and public-speaking skills
- Technologically savvy, with good knowledge of HTML and experience with social media tools, specifically: Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, WordPress, Google docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud. Strong knowledge of CMS systems (WordPress)
- Understanding of printing processes
- Video/film production
- Ability to negotiate and form credible relationships within the organisation as well as with senior decision-makers in external institutions
- Have ability to meet deadlines, be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Please send an application letter and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees to [email protected] not later than 29th March 2022.
Applications should include the title of the position as the subject of the email.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.