288 views, 2 views today
EPRA was established as the successor to the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) under the Energy Act, 2019.
All applications for licences are done online via the EPRA portal. Applications for licences are evaluated within 30 days from the date of receipt. No fees are charged for Petroleum Business Licences issued by EPRA.
How to Apply for Licence for Retail of LPG in Cylinders
1. Go to the EPRA website https://portal.erc.go.ke:8443/site/login.
2. Create an account if you don’t have one or proceed to log in if you have one.
3. Click on licence management.
4. Select new licence application.
5. Select the preferred category. In this case, retail of LPG in cylinders.
6. Read and accept the licence conditions provided and click on proceed with registration.
7. Follow the application process step by step by filling in the required information and click on save.
8. Attach the required documents as per the licence category.
9. Submit the application.
Requirements for Licence for Retail of LPG in Cylinders
1. Certificate of incorporation/business registration certificate.
2. CR12 from the Registrar of companies ( should not be older than 1 year at the time of submission of the application. If a limited company appears as part of the shareholder, provide the company’s CR12 plus all directors’ ID ).
3. Copies of ID/ passport of all directors.
4. Valid work permits class 6 for all foreign directors working in Kenya. Foreign directors not residents in Kenya should provide a notarized declaration. Further, any employee given Powers of Attorney by a foreign director should provide a copy of their identification documents.
5. A valid tax compliance certificate for the applicant from KRA.
6. A valid single business permit for the premises of operation from the respective county government.
7. Proof of ownership of at least 5,000 cylinders of either 0.5, 1, 3, 6 or 13 kg or a written authority for distribution of a particular brand from a licenced LPG cylinder brand owner.
8. A valid fire clearance certificate for the premises from the respective county government.
9. A valid certificate of weighing scale calibration from the Department of Weights and Measures.
10. A colour photograph of the retail point clearly showing the cylinder holding cage and the neighbouring premises.
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority Contacts
Location: Eagle Africa Centre, Longonot Road, Upperhill, Nairobi.
Contact: 0709 336 000, 0734 414 333.